Achievement drips from A.J. Hawk's pores like most people drip sweat on a hot summer's day. He's a Super Bowl Champion who graduated from the Ohio State University with a BA in criminology, and is living proof that success comes to those who train their minds as voraciously as they train their bodies. A unanimous pick for first team all-American during college, A.J. Hawk went on to become a first round draft pick for the Green Bay Packers. He was picked fifth overall in the NFL draft and played for 10 years (the average career is 3.3 years). He ranks number one in Packers franchise history with 1,025 tackles and was chosen by his teammates multiple times as their play-off captain. And while his hard work and stellar performance may have helped the Packers win a Super Bowl, what really makes him special is his quest for self-improvement beyond the football field. He's the creator and host of the popular HawkCast show and he's made a second career out of learning! A.J. has interviewed some seriously incredible minds, ranging from sports luminaries to business leaders.
In this episode you'll learn:
1. Why rituals and routine are effective in parenting.
2. How to not take things so personally.
3. How to use curiosity as fuel to break through limits.
4. Why being present is important.
5. The advantage of naivety.
6. How to move quickly forward after a mistake.
7. How to remain practical.
8. Why controlling your own story is important.