This week’s Inside Quest guest uses the 24 hours in his day more efficiently than anyone I know. And none of that is busy work. Dr. Peter Diamandis thinks on such a grand scale that I want to punch myself in the face for being small minded. The title of his NY Times Bestselling book isn’t just a nice idea, it’s the philosophy by which he lives his life: BOLD: How to go big, create wealth, and impact the world
Go Bold or Go Home.
Maybe it’s that Dr. Diamandis has a healthy disregard for the impossible, maybe it’s his dual degrees from MIT (in molecular genetics and aerospace engineering), maybe it’s that he’s never stopped being a nine-year-old kid dreaming of outer space.
All of these things have conspired to make this man the undisputed heavyweight champion of moonshot thinking. And more often than not, when Dr. Diamandis aims for the moon, he hits that target… and manages to gather all sorts of stardust along the way. It’s no accident that four of Peter’s most successful companies are the ones with the most ambitious missions:
- The X Prize Foundation—inspiring innovation in the private sector by rewarding unprecedented accomplishments.
- Human Longevity Inc – extending the high-performance human life span by 30+ years.
- Singularity University – training the world’s greatest minds in emerging sciences like nanotech to exponentially increase the rate of technology growth.
- Planetary Resources – mining near-earth asteroids to open up the frontiers of space, making us ultimately a multi-planetary species.
Those are just four of his SEVENTEEN companies. Don’t be intimidated. Be inspired.
Dr. Diamandis is an unrelenting optimist, a brilliant mind with incredibly actionable insights to take the reigns of your life and leave a lasting mark on the world, and one of the people who challenges me to be bolder every day.
Get ready to be transformed.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- What are “Peter’s Laws” and how can you create your own blueprint for BOLD living.
- How Charles Lindbergh’s transcontinental flight inspired Peter to think beyond the limits of Earth.
- Why Peter founded the X-Prize and how he managed it… without actually having the money to do so.
- What is a “massively transformative purpose” and how can you discover yours?
- What is the “exploration gene” and how does it impact humanity’s future?
- How mapping the human genome is going to change medicine forever.
- How the internet’s ability to duplicate human knowledge will play a major role in our abundant future.
- How Peter managed to get past the seemingly insurmountable obstacles of FDA regulations to begin putting private citizens in Zero-G environments (and what famous astrophysicist joined him for the ride…).
- How businesses with astronomical goals can make incremental steps that keep them cash flow positive.
- What the future of Universities ought to look like, if you focus on application rather than theory.
- Why lack of money shouldn’t limit you.